Tuesday, July 3, 2012

At the crossroads

I am beginning this blog as a place to post my thoughts about witchcraft, life, and everything.
Who am I? I am in my thirties, an urban hedgewitch, queer, work in healthcare, am in a number of dfferent relationships but basically available, in the middle of a ongoing mid life crisis, ad don't get on wth my family.
I have a degree in Christian theology (it seemed like a good idea at the time), and my particular interest nwitchcraft is in a historically viable creation of a modern tradition incorporating the witch image and avoiding extravagant claims of lineage. I have been influenced in this by Doreen Valiente, TeRry Pratchett (I'm Nanny Ogg before you ask), Starhawk, Z Budapest, Ronald Hutton, all the usual suspects in this vein. I am also interested in the parallels between the modern witchcraft movement and Afro-Caribbean traditions, and more recently in Zen and martial arts

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication