Friday, April 25, 2014

A Day in the Life

I came across the illustration for this post (picture credit: http://www.interestingtimestours.co.uk which has a very varied blog on aspects of the history of various places) & it struck me as being an illustration of what I end up doing every day of my life at the moment. Of course that is if it isn't taken *too* literally! Several people have felt the healing of the witch recently, a young man has become more integrated with his sexuality, a slightly older man (who really ought to know better) has been confronted with the need to stop throwing his weight around, I have had another go at fixing my relationship with my mother (doomed, of course, but I am a witch, & if I don't meddle I feel like I'm not being me), & the owner of the house next door has received the consequences of his actions. Meanwhile the local councillor is looking slightly worried (judging by the way he's suddenly moving he *really* needs my vote, or perhaps it is because they've already been criticised by the Local Government Ombudsman recently). Heigh ho, repainting the vault of heaven before breakfast is all in a day's work for a witch, & this is again one of the roads to the Ecstasy of the Goddess. 'This will continue,' she says in Aradia, 'until every last one of the oppressors is dead.' This does not mean (obvious to me, but after the week I've had I'd better spell out the obvious for the cheap seats) witches should murder all oppressors, it means the witch's work is never-ending. Until we create a world, step by step, of magic, ecstasy & wonder, that's the point.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication