Friday, January 29, 2016

The Working of Magic

The French have a wonderful phrase which exactly describes the way the word 'magic' is used: un mot passepartout, a go-anywhere word. And thus we do talk of the magic of the theatre,  a magic trick, casting a spell on someone,  and so on. My point here is that since magic encompasses everything,  a final definition or theory will probably always be impossible.
The way my magic is working for me at the moment is this. This week I met with my 'manager's' manager. I simply sat there and told her how it is. The glamour I cast was one of complete reasonableness - I don't doubt for an instant that my 'manager' has been telling her for years that I'm completely unreasonable.
And it's worked. I know it's worked because the whole thing has just left me completely. I came out of her office with the conviction that I don't have to do anything more at this point. I've let the power out, and I just have to be nice as pie from now on and let it unfold. I will,  though,  admit to a certain hope that they'll cover it up,  since with what I've unleashed that would certainly result in something spectacular.
This freedom from what weighs you down is the ecstasy of the Goddess. It is a major point of magic,  and the reason I know it's worked is that it's also worked on me and I'm ready to move on. I have also fallen for someone else,  and thus fallen completely out of love with the cock-tease to the extent that I'm considering suggesting we have a go at being friends. Who'd've thought it?  It's that magic,  it gets everywhere and you can't shake it out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication