Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A Busy World for the Working Witch

Once again I'm here writing about some bag of shit (the phrase should tell you in what sort of mood I've woken up from a nap). I subverted the 'pray for Paris' meme into 'cast a spell for Paris' but now that it comes to the events in Orlando I want to be more explicit as to how I think the witch actually should approach these things.
You see, sympathy isn't a great deal of use unless that's what you want, and sympathy is what is splashed right across the internet. When it comes to all sorts of injustices in the world the trouble is that the internet has given us a means of publishing our thoughts, but to me a lot of the point of witch craft is that we take action.
So here's what aI do in our world full of shits. On my altar I have a little carved Indian box, and in it lives The List. The List is an entirely personal list of the people whom the universe has sent my way to learn their life's lessons so that they can move on. When they learn these lessons I cross them off the list. It is as simple as that - no drama about it, if you come into the way of the witch and are a turd, you're going to get a slap. Also in the box are several other things. On an irregular basis I cut articles out of newspapers about turds, particularly rapists, child abusers and queer bashers. Those go in there just so that the universe can keep an eye on their shit. The most unusual things in there are probably two little rubber rings, which are certainly the most unusual present I have ever received. As a city boy you wouldn't expect me to have them anyway but they are the rings used to castrate animals. They are put round the testicles which then fall off. I'm always banging on here about how the universe will come up with the means when the witch needs them, and castrating rapists is something I'm passionately interested in so I was very pleased when the means to do it magically came to hand. Since rapists seem to be my magical forte they live in the box with The List and the cuttings.
Of course the working witch's altar is more like a work table than a worship space for liturgy and so the surface of my altar is always full of things in progress. I think I have posted here before about my Polish commando knife, designed for sneaking up on people and opening up their jugular. The Goddess wanted me to buy that in an antiques shop in Warwick fome years ago (and naturally the man commented that it was actually the most expensive thing on his stall). At the moment it is pinning down the complaints from my enemies at work. Once again - come into the orbit of a witch, take the piss, and you will find yourself getting your life lessons very quickly. That is progressing incredibly slowly and painfully (always a good sign). The accidents have started happening to people, some quite ironic and ridiculous ones. The best thing which has happened is that actually Zippy's life's dream has literally been snatched out of her hands when she thought she had it. You can imagine how sorry I feel for her - in fact a hallmark of my magic is that the punishment will usually fit the crime very poetically.
Every night I go through my works in hand, in my head. I actually do this in bed as I am going into sleep to help it get into my subconscious and thus start working. I visualise any little projects working out the way I will them to and extend the blessing of the Goddess where it is needed. And this of course is the point, witchcraft is different from all other religions in that I am not about to pray for Orlando. In witchcraft we are all active participlants in a divine world of action and reaction (I'm trying to find a neutral way to phrase the real meaning of karma here), and sometimes there are things you just cannot allow slide.

2 comments:

  1. A little carved Indian box? With the way of the world now, I would think you'd need a trunk or tea crate at the very least!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before publication