Monday, May 22, 2017

Urban Grimoire: The Freezer Spell

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that 'a book in your own hand of write' is unnecessary for a witch of my stripe. It's not like I have mammoth rituals, for a start. And a book can only ever be the record of a particular time, and I continue to find that I am not repeatedly faced by the same situations. I will need different resources and inspirations as I go on. As the witch is ready, the challenges appear and the means to meet them. In my own case the freezer spell has recently come to my attention, and it's lush (as my new young colleagues would say). It's also dead easy.

Get a container which can go in the freezer. On paper write the name of the person you wish to freeze so that they can't do the thing you want to stop. You can use whatever convention and ritual you like for this. Put it in the container. Pour on water and put it in the freezer. Job done. (The only slight problem is a tendency for the paper to float to the top of the water and not be contained. This is easily remedied by adding more water halfway through freezing so that it's contained.)

I notice a major effect of this spell is on the magical practitioner rather than the target. As it freezes, the person or behaviour just ceases to be a problem - just exactly as if the heat has been taken out of the situation!

Oh hold on - Inexplicable likes me to post music, so here's a song which can be played while the water's freezing:


Image credit: http://jennardacci.deviantart.com/art/The-Witch-s-Fridge-567027830

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, that reminds me: I've got a bag of poisoned apples in the crisper drawer that need using. Thanks, Hound.

    P.S. Perfect musical accompaniment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminding you of those was actually the purpose of this post! And I've bought you the LP for a housewarming present.

      Delete
  2. Oh, how thoughtful. On both counts. Forgive me if I don't thank you with some of this apple crumble I've just made...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before publication